1. This Website (www.boltonlife.org.uk) is owned and operated by The Borough Council of Bolton and is made available on the following terms. By using the Website you accept and agree to be bound by these terms which shall be interpreted according to the laws of England.
2. Any reference to “you” or “your”, means you as user of the Website, any reference to “we”, “us”, “our” or “Bolton Council” is to The Borough Council of Bolton.
3. The Borough Council of Bolton may change these terms at any time by posting changes online. Please review these terms regularly to ensure you are aware of any changes made by Bolton Council. Your continued use of the site after changes are posted means you agree to be legally bound by these terms as updated and/or amended.
5. Bolton Council grants you a non-exclusive licence to access and use the content in this Website for personal purposes alone. You may not reproduce or distribute any part of the content for commercial purposes without the written permission of Bolton Council.
6. You acknowledge that the copyright, database rights and all other intellectual property rights comprised in or relating to this Website and in the data it contains belongs to Bolton Council.
7. Bolton Council makes no representations or warranties whatsoever as to the accuracy of the information contained in this Website. The Council cannot promise that the Website will be free from errors or omissions nor that the site will be available uninterrupted and in a fully operating condition.
8. Bolton Council does not accept any liability in connection with any third party web sites that can be accessed through this Website and does not endorse or approve the contents of any such site.
9. Bolton Council expressly disclaims all liability for any direct, indirect or consequential loss or damage occasioned from the use or inability to use this web site whether directly or indirectly resulting from inaccuracies, defects, errors, whether typographical or otherwise, omissions, out of date information or otherwise, even if such loss was reasonably foreseeable and the Council had been advised of the possibility of the same. Consequential and indirect loss and damage shall include but not be limited to loss of profits, loss of goodwill, and wasted expenditure.
10. You agree that material downloaded or otherwise accessed through the use of this web site is obtained entirely at your own risk and that you will be entirely responsible for any resulting damage to software or computer systems and/or any resulting loss of data, even if such loss and damage was reasonably foreseeable and the Council had been advised of the possibility of the same.
11. You agree not to submit to this Website any material which is: -
a) libelous, harassing, defamatory, invasive of privacy, abusive, obscene, pornographic
b) infringes any intellectual property rights (including copyrights) of any third
party; violates any law or regulation; or advocates illegal activity;
c) contains any worms, viruses or other harmful, disruptive or destructive files,
code or programs;
12. You agree not to impersonate any person or entity; falsely state or otherwise
misrepresent your affiliation with any person or entity; intentionally omit, delete,
forge, or misrepresent transmission information, including headers, return mailing,
and Internet protocol addresses; or otherwise manipulate identifiers to disguise
the origin of any material that you submit or transmit through the Website.
13. You agree that you are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your
user name and password and for all activity that occurs under your user name and
14. You warrant that:-
a) any event listing you submit is legitimate, is at a real venue and is open to
b) any submission is your own original work or you have the necessary licences,
rights, consents, and permissions to authorise us to use your submission.
c) all information and details provided by you are accurate, true and up to date
in all respects and at all times.
15. You agree that by submitting a contribution to the Website (including any text,
pictures, graphics etc.) to grant to Bolton Council a perpetual non-exclusive right
and licence to use, reproduce, distribute, modify, make available to the public,
and display in any way your submission and exercise all copyright and publicity
rights in respect of your contribution. You agree to waive any moral rights in your
16. Bolton Council may edit, make alterations to, withdraw, refuse to display or
delete any contribution to the Website. We reserve the right to suspend, restrict
or terminate your access to any part of, or all, of the Website, at any time, at
our sole discretion. We may also ban or suspend you as a user if you do not comply
17. You agree not to give any indication that you have any commercial relationship
with us, or that you are our agent or that we have endorsed any submission you may
18. You agree to indemnify Bolton Council against all legal fees, damages and other
Any reference in this policy to “you” or “your”, means you as user of the Website,
any reference to “we”, “us”, “our” or “Bolton Council” is to The Borough Council
This policy covers the Council’s use of personal information (meaning any information
about you which is personally identifiable like your name, address, telephone number
or email address, generally referred to throughout this policy as "personal information")
that the Council collects when you use
If you do not wish to accept this policy they you should not use this site.
The purpose of this policy is to assure you that we recognise and fully respect
the privacy and personal data of users of the site and to explain what we use the
personal information we collect for.
When using your personal information the Council will act in accordance with the
Data Protection Act 1998. The Borough Council of Bolton is the data controller and
sole owner of the data collected on this site.
Users 16 and under
If you are aged 16 or under, please get your parent/guardian's permission beforehand
whenever you provide personal information to the Bolton Life! Website. Users without
this consent are not allowed to provide us with personal information.
Registration and registration information
It is not necessary for you to register in order to access this site but if you
do register it will enable you to submit events and it will allow us to offer you
some additional benefits such as entry into competitions and surveys.
If you do register you are responsible for protecting your user name and password
and must not share them with or disclose them to anyone else.
When you register, the basic personal information about you which we collect is:
your name; your e-mail address, and your user ID and password. You may also choose
to give your home address and your mobile number.
We use this information to confirm and validate your registration and to contact
you for service administration purposes, for example, we may wish to provide you
with password reminders.
Where, and only where requested by you, we will use your contact details to send
you and keep you updated with information by email, telephone (including SMS) or
mail about new events. To opt-out of receiving any such communications you can email
us or write to us by mail stating that you do not wish to receive further communications
Personal information collected at registration may also be also used by us to:
- process and deal with any complaints or enquiries made by or about you
by way of checking submissions to the website and to investigate usage that may
- where you are a prize winner, to administer the competition prize and to publish
or otherwise make available a list of prize winners.
Personal information provided as part of an event submission will be made available
to the public so you can be contacted by anyone interested in the event. You must
therefore be careful not to provide pictures or telephone and email details that
you wish to remain private.
Amending your information
You may change, remove or update your user name and password or other details
at any time via your account. You must make sure that you update details as soon
as possible with any and all relevant changes.
A cookie is a small amount of data sent from our server and stored on your computer’s
hard drive. The cookie contains no information that can identify you personally.
-monitor usage of the website;
-to allow you to carry information across pages of our website and avoid having
to re-enter information;
-help us to recognize you when you re-visit the site;
-within registration to allow you to access stored information;
-to gather aggregate non personal data to help us improve the services to you.
browsers are automatically set up to accept cookies, but you can set your browser
to refuse a cookie or ask your browser to show you where a cookie has been set up.
Certain services are only activated by the presence of a cookie and, if you choose
Will we share your information with other bodies?
We do not sell your personal information to others.
We may disclose your personal information to the police, regulatory bodies or legal
advisers in connection with any alleged fraud, criminal offence or suspected breach
any law enforcement authorities or court order requesting or directing us to disclose
the identity of or locate anyone for the prevention or detection of crime or the
apprehension or prosecution of offenders.
We take all appropriate steps to protect your personally identifiable information
as you transmit your information from your computer to our site and to protect such
information for loss, misuse, and unauthorised access, disclosure, alteration, or
destruction. We use leading technologies and encryption software to safeguard your
data, and operate strict security standards to prevent any unauthorised access to
Always think carefully before disclosing your personal information or other information
to other users of the Website. We have no responsibility or control over the contents
of communications made between users of the Website.
Changes to this policy
page. Regularly reviewing this page ensures you are always aware of what information
we collect, how we use it and under what circumstances, if any, we will share it
with other parties.
You have a right to ask to see details of any personal information that we hold
about you. If you wish to do so, or have any questions about privacy, please contact
our Corporate Information Manager, Bolton Council, Room 320, Town Hall Bolton, BL1
Tel: 01204 331031 Fax: 01204 380043 Email: